Cambridge English Exams
Cambridge is an English teaching, learning and assessment system. Cambrdige Assesment English exams are recognized and accepted by schools, universities, private and public sectors in all English-speaking countries around the world.
All exams are designed in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), the international standard for defining language skills. So what are these exams?
Cambridge English Exams
A1 Starters (YLE Starters)
This exam is developed for young learners (7-8 years old) under the name of Young Learners. It helps children take the first steps in learning English.
The exam takes 45 minutes in total and here is some of the content:
- Knowing the English equivalents of colors
- Answering simple questions about themselves
- Being able to answer simple questions in writing with one-word answers.
Exam Fee: 50 GBP.
A1 Movers (YLE Movers) Young Learners.
This is the second exam in the Cambridge series; The age range is usually 8-11. This test is aimed at evaluating the basic communication skills of children in daily life.
The following is tested in this 1-hour exam:
- Answer questions about themselves
- Fill in a simple form
- Write down the days, months and hours in a story they hear in English.
Exam Fee: 50 GBP.
A2 Flyers (YLE Flyers)
The age range is 9-12; This is 1 hour and 15 minute exam, and it is the third exam in this series for Young Learners. The following is tested in this exam:
- Explain the differences between two stories or pictures
- Tell / write a short story in English
- Ask questions and make sentences with the past tense. Exam Fee: 50 GBP.
A2 KEY English Test (KET) and KEY English Test for Schools (KETfS)
It is the next step after the Young Learners (YLE) exams and is valid for slightly older age groups. It evaluates students ability to communicate in English in simple situations. It is accepted as an Elementary (A2) level. The exam takes approximately 2 hours and tests the following:
- To be able to express your opinion about what you have read or listened to
- To be able to ask and answer questions
- To understand simple subjects constitute the content of the exam.
KEY English Test (KET) and KEY English Test for Schools (KETfS) have the same content. The only difference is that KETfS is aimed at students, not adults.
Exam Fee (KET & KETfS): 70 GBP.
B1 Preliminary (PET) and Preliminary for Schools (PETfS) *
Intermediate (B1) level. The exam takes approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes.
The exam consists of three parts: Reading and Writing (1 hr 30 min), Listening (30 min), Speaking (10 - 12 min). The content of the exam is as follows:
- Expressing your likes and dislikes
- Writing a letter or taking notes in a meeting / discussion
- Understanding oral and written instructions
* Preliminary English Test (PET) and Preliminary English Test for Schools (PETfS) have the same content. The only difference is that PETfS is aimed at students, not adults. Exam Fee (PET & PETfS): 80 GBP.
B2 First (FCE) and B2 First for Schools (FCEfS) *
This tests are considered as Upper-Intermediate level. Exam duration is approximately 3.5 hours. From the participants the follwing is expected:
- Write reports and e-mails.
- Describe and discuss an idea in English.
FCE consists of four parts: Reading and My Use of English (1 hr 15 min), Writing (1 hr 20 min), Listening (40 min), Speaking (14 min)
Exam Fee: GBP 110 '
This tests evaluates English for an undergraduate student or business professionals. It tests C1 according to the Common European Language Criteria. What is expected from you in the exam can be summarized as follows:
- To be able to keep detailed notes or reports, to be able to write advanced e-mails
- To be able to make presentations on detailed topics
- To have a wide range of comprehension from articles to fictional texts.
Writing (1 hr 30 min), Listening (40 min), Speaking (15 min)
Exam Fee: GBP 130.
How to Apply?
For Cambridge English exams, you must contact a test center. You can click the link below to search for the nearest exam center; https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/tr/find-a-centre/index.aspx Exam Dates * Click the link below for information about Covid-19 updates: https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/tr/exams-and -tests / first-for-schools / exam-dates /